6.Read this report first: Technologies for Viable Salmon Aquaculture: http://www.saveoursalmon.ca/files/May_draft_05-04-10.pdf. This report clearly lays out the nuts and bolts of building on-land, closed aquaculture systems that make more money than in-ocean, open systems.
1. http://www.farmedanddangerous.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/ClosedSystemAqua-FINAL.pdf. Twenty Seven different systems. David Suzuki et al.
3. http://www.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/aquaculture/lib-bib/nasapi-inpasa/BC-aquaculture-CB-eng.html. Prices systems
4. This is a 96 page abstract of aquaculture research in Canada - also the CIMTAN project. Excellent for giving you an overview: http://www.aquacultureassociation.ca/sites/default/files/2011%20RD%20Review%20%28English%29.pdf.
5. GAPI - index for evaluating aquaculture operations. John Volpi: http://lenfestocean.org/sites/default/files/gapi_report_pdf_version.pdf.
7. This is the technical papers on the Namgis First Nation on-land, closed, RAS system for raising salmon: http://www.namgis.bc.ca/CCP/Pages/default.aspx.