The most popular posts for the global audience of this site, Fish Farm News, in October 2016 are:
1. 158 Different On-Land Fish Farms Around the world: http://fishfarmnews.blogspot.ca/2016/05/152-different-on-land-fish-farm-systems.html. The post is now up to 161 on-land farm systems, comprising some 20,000 around the world.
2. Worker Job Numbers World Wide, Marine Harvest Handbook 2016: http://fishfarmnews.blogspot.ca/2016/09/worker-job-numbers-worldwide-marine.html. Marine Harvest says that job numbers are low because there is a high amount of automation. You heard it here first.
3. Fish Farms Kill Billions of Wild Fish - 5.76 Billion for an Industry the size of BC's; this means that fish farms around the world kill trillions of forage fish and slamonids: http://fishfarmnews.blogspot.ca/2016/10/fish-farms-kill-billions-of-wild-fish.html.
4. Global Fish Reduction To Fish Meal and Fish Oil - Daniel Pauly/Tim Cashion: http://fishfarmnews.blogspot.ca/2016/09/global-fish-reduction-to-fishmeal-and.html. A seminal document in the Sea Around Us report, massive work to detail who caught what from 1950 to 2010. An impressive report.
5. Times Colonist - New Research Will Help Salmon: http://fishfarmnews.blogspot.ca/2016/08/times-colonist-new-research-will-help.html. In one sentence: there is no reason to believe that DFO will do anything about farmed salmon based on a suggestion of money for research. After all, you will recall the post on the damaging foi letters showing that DFO and the CFIA looked for a lab that would give them negative responses for disease. And my Environmental Petition to the AG received mush as an answer. I know because I used to write such mush for government.
6. Fish Farms Kill Billions of Fish: http://fishfarmnews.blogspot.ca/2016/09/fish-farms-kill-billions-of-fish.html. Fish farms kill trillions of wild fish and have ruinously fished down 19 of the top 20 stocks of forage fish for fish meal and fish oil.
7. August 2016 - Most Popular Posts on Fish Farm News, Sept 1, 2016: http://fishfarmnews.blogspot.ca/2016/09/august-2016-most-popular-posts-on-fish.html.
8. On Land Fish Farms Shoving In Ocean Ones Aside: http://fishfarmnews.blogspot.ca/2016/09/on-land-fish-farns-shoving-in-ocean.html.
9. Viral Signature, Fraser Sockeye - Dr. Kristi Miller: http://fishfarmnews.blogspot.ca/2016/10/viral-signature-fraser-sockeye-dr.html.
10. PRV Present in 80% of Farmed Salmon - GD Marty: http://fishfarmnews.blogspot.ca/2016/10/prv-present-in-80.html. This virus has been shown to cause HSMI - if we ignore a semantic issue - a deadly disease, imported from Norway. Yes, that is 80% of fish farm fish have PRV. It really is that bad.
11. Trudeau Government in Court over Fish Farm Diseases: http://fishfarmnews.blogspot.ca/2016/10/trudeau-government-in-court-over-fish.html. Trudeau/Harper, doesn't look like there is any difference when it comes to fish farm environmental damage. Trudeau is now in court.
12. Everyone Against In-Ocean Fish Farms - Except DFO, the CFIA and Fish Farms: http://fishfarmnews.blogspot.ca/2016/10/everyone-against-in-ocean-fish-farms.html. The question is: how long we have to wait until DFO takes fish farms out of our ocean? This is not a science question, as there are 100,000 pages of negative science on the internet about the damage. Google: fish farm environmental damage and you will be reading for weeks. These people work for us, with our money but do not do what we want - get fish farms out of our ocean.
If you are looking to read the articles that the global audience to Fish Farm News thinks are the most important in the preceding month, look on the first of the month following that month and you will find the list with the web links.