Here is the link to last month's most popular posts - November 2017: https://fishfarmnews.blogspot.ca/2017/12/most-popular-posts-novenber-2017.html.
Here are December's most popular posts on Fish Farm News and Science. Please note that I have intentionally put all the Volpe papers and research in December for your ease of finding them in the future when you want a reference to the actual stats. The worst one is that Atlantics and Atlantic progeny were found in rivers that had multiple species of wild Pacific salmon at a rate of 97%. Truly shocking and one more reason to get fish farms out of the water.
1. How Bad Is It To Be Grieg Seafood? This Bad: https://fishfarmnews.blogspot.ca/2017/11/how-bad-it-it-to-be-grieg-seafood-this_25.html.
2. Triple In-Ocean Fish Farms? Canadians Don't Agree: https://fishfarmnews.blogspot.ca/2017/11/triple-in-ocean-fish-farms-canadians.html.
3. Laws and Policies to do with Pacific Salmon: https://fishfarmnews.blogspot.ca/2017/11/laws-and-policies-to-do-with-pacific.html.
4. The Strictest Laws In The World? WRONG: https://fishfarmnews.blogspot.ca/2017/04/the-strictest-laws-in-world-wrong.html.
5. 201 On-land Fish Farm Systems - this blog's perennial favourite, showing that in-ocean is a dying breed that destroys the water it sits in. Norwegian-style fish farms are killing our oceans with fish: https://fishfarmnews.blogspot.ca/2016/05/152-different-on-land-fish-farm-systems.html.
6. Salmon dying in Norway : http://fishfarmnews.blogspot.ca/2017/12/salmon-dying-in-norway.html.
7. Fish Farm PRV Infects/Kills Wild BC Salmon: http://fishfarmnews.blogspot.ca/2017/12/fish-farm-prv-infectskills-wild-salmon.html. A big issue because 80% of farmed fish in BC have PRV.
8. Atlantic Salmon in BC Rivers - The Bad News - a Volpe issue: https://fishfarmnews.blogspot.ca/2017/12/atlantic-salmon-in-bc-rivers-bad-news.html. Lots of traffic to this post in December.
9. Atlantic Salmon in Van Isle Rivers - The Volpe Rivers: https://fishfarmnews.blogspot.ca/2017/12/atlantic-salmon-in-van-isle-rivers.html.
10. Cypress Island, WA, Multiple Salmon Escapes: https://fishfarmnews.blogspot.ca/2017/12/cypress-island-wa-salmon-escapes.html. This leaky farm has had a major spill long before Cooke came along and dumped 305,000 salmon into the ocean, losing 200,000 of them. Half were caught by the Lummi Tribes and killed. That still means 100,000 farmed salmon in the ocean and rivers, chiefly two big rivers, the Fraser and Skagit.
DC Reid: Lectures on Fish Farm Environmental Damage
If you would like to have me in to talk to your group, class, or symposium on the problems with fish farms, please get in touch, by leaving me a message on this post. I will get back to you. This is a serious issue of vastly polluting the oceans that needs to be stopped by putting fish farms on land, and moving to a herbivore fish from a carnivore that results in a net loss of protein on the planet.