The most popular posts of August are:
1. Roderick Haig Brown Award: http://fishfarmnews.blogspot.ca/2016/07/roderick-haig-brown-award-2016-dc-reid.html. This is the second award, in this case, a national award, that I have won for this blog.
2. Cooke Aquaculture - A Litany of Complaint: http://fishfarmnews.blogspot.ca/2016/04/cooke-aquaculture-typical.html. This is far and away the most popular post for August. About all the problems caused by this fish farm company, including using banned lice chemicals and not using $25 million of public cash for a processing plant, and not giving it back to the government.
3. Key Document - High Survival for Post-Smolt Atlantic Salmon in Closed Containment Facilities: http://fishfarmnews.blogspot.ca/2015/01/high-survival-rate-for-post.html.
4. Worker Job Numbers Worldwide - Marine Harvest 2016 Handbook: http://fishfarmnews.blogspot.ca/2016/09/worker-job-numbers-worldwide-marine_27.html.
The handbook says that salary costs are low because most of the work is automated, and few employees.
5. 192 On-Land Fish Farm Systems and more than 20,000 actual on-land fish farms around the world: http://fishfarmnews.blogspot.ca/2016/05/152-different-on-land-fish-farm-systems.html. And also: 142 On-Land Fish Farm Systems and etc: http://fishfarmnews.blogspot.ca/2012/01/key-document-142-mostly-on-land-closed.html.
6. DFO Has To Be Sued to Prevent Diseased Atlantic Salmon Being Put in the Pacific Ocean: https://fishfarmnews.blogspot.ca/2017/07/dfo-has-to-be-sued-to-prevent-diseased.html. This sad case has the Canadian federal government suing to be able to put diseased salmon in the BC ocean.
7. Taxpayers Pay for Diseased Dead Fish Farm Fish: https://fishfarmnews.blogspot.ca/2016/01/taxpayers-pay-for-diseased-dead-fish.html. The total was $177 million.
8. Fish Farm Sewage, Huge Costs to BC Taxpayers, $10.4 Billion - Calculation: http://fishfarmnews.blogspot.ca/2017/02/fish-farm-sewage-huge-cost-to-bc.html. This shows how to calculate the $10.4 billion sewage cost that BC taxpayers absorb of fish farm sewage.
9. Strictest Laws in the World, Wrong: http://fishfarmnews.blogspot.ca/2017/04/the-strictest-laws-in-world-wrong.html. Nope, the laws are weak. Another litany of complaint.
10. In-Ocean Fish Farms are Toast: http://fishfarmnews.blogspot.ca/2017/08/in-ocean-fish-farms-are-toast.html. Everybody but DFO gets that in-ocean are old tech, and on-land is taking over.
11. Wild Salmon Policy in Tatters: https://fishfarmnews.blogspot.ca/2017/08/wild-salmon-policy-in-tatters.html. Don't believe Dominic LeBlanc, Minister of DFO,
12. Closed Containment - Norway, Who'd A Thunk It?: https://fishfarmnews.blogspot.ca/2017/05/closed-containment-norway.html.
13. Aboriginals Against Fish Farms - Cooke Aquaculture, 300,000 fish escape, Aboriginals Want Fish Farms out of the Water in BC: http://fishfarmnews.blogspot.ca/2017/08/aboriginals-against-fish-farms-cooke.html.
The link to the most popular posts of July, 2017 is: http://fishfarmnews.blogspot.ca/2017/08/most-popular-posts-july-2017.html.